• Ability to communicate in clear, precise and effective manner
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to influence
• Ability to maintain cool, calm demeanor in a hectic and sometimes stressful environment
• Adaptable and flexible to responding to an ever changing environment
• Problem solving skills
• Food/Beverage Service Worker Permit, where applicable or serve safe certification.
• Read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
• Understanding ware washing techniques and organization of dish room.
• Previous management experience preferred.
• Meet minimum age requirement of jurisdiction.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
• 2 -3 years management experience
• High School degree / GED preferable
• Food Handlers Certification (Serve safe certification)
• Stable work history
• Executive Steward must interact with Stewarding subordinates, subordinates within other departments, and Managers therefore communication skills are required including speaking, listening and writing. Additionally, significant standing and walking is required in the movement of dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and food items within the department and throughout the hotel. The totality of tasks can require standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 10 -12- 14 hours in a day).
• Items must be sorted, stacked and moved so manual dexterity and fine motor skills are required to grasp small and large items including plates, glasses, silverware, and lift trays with food and push carts are all a part of the daily activities in this role. Additionally, this position requires bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, reaching, overhead lifting, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis is required to perform this role.
• This position often requires the ability to perform multiple tasks and transactions in a very fast paced environment, and react to changes within that environment; therefore memory and prioritizing skills are essential and used throughout the day. Executive Steward must manage schedules, balance hours, conduct inventory and many tasks requiring deductive reasoning and math knowledge in order to complete regularly assigned responsibilities.
• Problem solving and interpersonal skills are required in this position to handle interactions between team members, and to assist in solving issues which arise throughout the shift.
• Excellent vision is required in order to supervisor the execution of the quality of the cleaning in the kitchen
. USE OF SENSES
• TALKING IN PERSON: Constantly. Guests, public and employees.
• TALKING ON TELEPHONE: Occasionally. Guests, public and employees.
• OTHER SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Rarely. Guests, public and employees.
• HEARING IN PERSON: Constantly. Guests, public and employees.
• HEARING ON TELEPHONE: Occasionally. Guests, public and employees.
• OTHER HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Rarely.
• NEAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40 (chemicals, hot objects).
• FAR VISION: Constantly. Corrected to 20/40 (chemicals, hot objects).
• DEPTH PERCEPTION: Occasionally. Using stepladder.
• COLOR VISION: Rarely.
• FULL FIELD VISION: Frequently. Manage all aspects of a busy and active kitchen/dish room.
• SMELL: Occasionally. Detect potential hazards and odors.
• TASTE: Rarely.
• OTHER: Rarely.
• INTERACTION WITH OTHERS/COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Constantly. Professionally deal with difficult situations/people.
• DEADLINES/SHIFT WORK/OVERTIME: Constantly. Meet deadlines as required. Meet multiple priorities of business demands. Adjust to schedule changes, cover shifts on short notice.
• FLEXIBILITY: Constantly. Work a variety of hours, varied tasks under varied conditions.
• PACE: Constantly. Must change pace as business demands.
• HIGHLY REPETITIVE WORK: Frequently. Perform dish room attendant duties, administrative paperwork.
• ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Constantly. Administrative tasks, sanitation, safety and controlling costs.
• OTHER PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS: Rarely.
• SAFETY REQUIREMENTS (I.E., CLOTHING, SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED, ACTIVITIES PERFORMED): Constantly. Safety shoes, proper guards, follow proper safety procedures and use proper lifting techniques. Maintain security of work area and kitchen equipment while maintaining the level of safety required by the Company and OSHA requirements.
• EXPOSURES (FUMES, CHEMICALS, VIBRATIONS, HUMIDITY, COLD, HEAT, DUST, NOISE): Constantly. Exposed to changing temperatures (i.e., cold, dry, hot, damp), slippery floors, bacteria in foods, noise and vibrations.
• OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT/TOOLS/VEHICLES: Constantly. All kitchen equipment to include oven, slicer, steamer, stock pots, fryer, stove tops, salamander, heat lamp, steam tables, toaster, etc.
Engineering Supervisor | IND003380 Description An Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for shift coverage and therefore must possess strong trouble-shooting skills in all areas of...
Lead Steward | ATL004477 Description At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful...
Transport specialist should ensure effective service to end-users in terms of timely delivery of orders to customers throughout Ukraine; optimize the costs of transport logistics; ensure...
FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) is seeking a WASH Coordinator to lead the WASH component of an integrated humanitarian health, WASH, and nutrition program based in Aden, Southern Yemen. The...
In your role as Senior Director, Study design and programming you will be, Global Head of EDC Programming required to work for Covance Home based anywhere in UK, Ireland or Bangalore, India You...
General Maintenance Engineer III - 3rd shift Overnight | ATL004457 Description A General Maintenance will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting...
Engineering Supervisor | IND003380 Description An Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for...
Lead Steward | ATL004477 Description At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our...
Transport specialist should ensure effective service to end-users in terms of timely delivery of...
FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) is seeking a WASH Coordinator to lead the WASH component of...
In your role as Senior Director, Study design and programming you will be, Global Head of EDC...
General Maintenance Engineer III - 3rd shift Overnight | ATL004457 Description A General...